Your health matters - schedule your FREE NHS Health Check today
Book today 0800 122 3780
Your health matters -schedule your FREE NHS Health Check today
If you are aged 40-74 years and live in Coventry, you could be eligible for a FREE NHS Health Check.
It takes about
Get clarity, screens for
the most important
advice & support
What is an NHS Health Check?
The NHS Health Check is a health check-up for adults in England aged 40 to 74.
It's designed to spot early signs of stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, type 2 diabetes or dementia.
As we get older, we have a higher risk of developing one of these conditions.
An NHS Health Check helps find ways to lower this risk.
Who is it for?
- Are aged between 40 and 74
- Have not been diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or kidney disease by your GP or had a stroke
- Are not on statins
- Have not had an NHS Health Check in the last five years
- Are signed up with a GP in Coventry.
What happens at the NHS Health Check?
Our trained healthy lifestyle advisors provide quick and easy tests to understand how healthy you are now. Like an MOT for your body, you’ll see what’s working well and be given your own personalised plan.
This will give you simple steps to stay healthy or, if needed, to make small lifestyle changes – so you can keep doing the things you love and enjoy for longer.
The check records the following:
- History of family illness and any medication you have been prescribed
- Your height, weight, sex, ethnicity and age
- Blood pressure
- Cholesterol level (after a simple blood test)
- Information regarding your diet, exercise and alcohol intake
- Body mass index (BMI).
How do I get a free NHS Health Check?
Our team is delivering NHS Health Checks in community venues and workplaces in Coventry.
Have your Health Check at a place you can get to easily, find your local GP or Clinic here or call us on 0800 122 3780.